University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET) is one of the renowned engineering institutes situated in Uttar Pradesh. Founded in 1996 as a part of CSJM University, UIET is located in Kalyanpur, Kanpur, U.P.
At present, the institute has an intake strength of 1,700 students on its rolls in six disciplines of Engineering (Chemical, Computer Science and Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication, and Material Science & Engineering) and other career-oriented programs like MCA, M.Sc., and M.Phil.
- For B.Tech admissions, candidates should have completed 10+2 in the science stream with a minimum of 40% marks.
- Candidates should have physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects at the 10+2 level.
- Only UPSEE-qualified candidates are eligible for counseling and admission.
- B. Tech and MCA candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in UPSEE.
- M.Sc. and M.Phil. candidates are selected on the basis of marks scored in the respective entrance exams, conducted by the governing university.
- Only those candidates who meet the minimum cut-off percentile (25% usually) in UPSEE are selected for counseling.
- Candidates can apply only through online mode to appear for UPSEE (For B. Tech and MCA).
- M.Sc. and M.Phil. candidates can apply online or offline mode through the university website or institute admission cell.
- The application fee is INR 1200 for General category candidates. For SC/ST candidates, the application fee is INR 600.
- Seats are reserved for candidates belonging to reserved categories as per norms set by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
|Name of the University||University Institute of Engineering &Technology|
|Basic Admission Criteria||State Level Entrance Exam|
|Name of Entrance Exam||UPSEE|
UIET Kanpur UG Admission 2022
University Engineering & Technology offers AICTE-approved B. Tech programs in up to 6 disciplines, viz. Computer Science, Information Technology, Electronics and Communication, Chemical, Mechanical, and Material Science & Metallurgical Engineering.
- Selection of candidates is done through UPSEE counseling.
- A final merit list of the selected candidates is declared after counseling and then students can seek admission to their allotted departments.
- Candidates can apply for UPSEE by logging on to the UPTU website and filling out the online application form.
- Payment of registration fee (application + examination) can be made via credit/ debit card or net banking.
- Submission of the application forms and payment of fees can be done only through online mode.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|B. Tech||Information Technology||10+2 in Science with a minimum of 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||UPSEE|
|Computer Science & Engineering|
|Electronics & Comm. Engineering|
|Material Sc. & Metallurgical Engg.|
The basic eligibility criteria for admission to any of the B. Tech courses is passing the 10+2 or equivalent exam in the science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects. A minimum qualifying percentile of 45% is required of all applicants as per UPTU norms.
- Engineering Diploma holders or B.Sc. Graduates with Mathematics can seek admission through Lateral entry into B. Tech. third semester.
- The minimum qualifying percentile of marks at the 10+2 level is 40% for reserved category candidates.
UIET Kanpur PG Admission 2022
UIET, Kanpur currently offers selected postgraduate programs viz. MCA course, M.Sc. degree in two subjects, and M.Phil. program in 3 specializations.
- The basic eligibility criteria for the MCA program is a graduate degree in any discipline.
- For the M.Sc course, the candidate should possess a B.Sc. degree in the relevant or allied discipline
- For the M.Phil program, the candidate should have an M.Sc. degree in the relevant discipline.
- All candidates are required to score at least 50% marks in their last qualifying exam.
- The selection of candidates for these programs is done through their respective entrance exams.
|Course Name||Specialization||Eligibility Criteria||Selection Process|
|MCA||Computer Applications||Graduation with 50 % marks||UPMAT Exam|
|M.Sc.||Bioinformatics||B.Sc. or equivalent in relevant/allied discipline with 50% of marks||University Entrance Exam|
|M.Phil.||Physics||M.Sc. or equivalent in relevant/allied discipline with 50% of marks|
While MCA candidates are required to apply through the UPSEE website, M.Sc., and M.Phil. candidates can apply online through the institute website or collect the application form in person from the institute’s admission cell. Fee payment can be done online or offline mode as preferred.
- Candidates applying for UPMAT can do so by visiting the UPSEE website.
- Mathematics at the 10+2 level is compulsory for candidates applying to the MCA program.
- Students applying under the management quota can apply for direct admission.
- First preference is given to UP state candidates.
UIET Kanpur Application Process 2022
The application process for admission to UIET Kanpur varies from course to course.
Candidates applying for B.Tech (UPSEE ) and MCA (UPMAT ) through the UPTU entrance exam can register online mode only.
- Candidates are required to fill out the application form online through the website.
- Application fee payment must be done online via credit/ debit card or net banking. No other mode of payment is allowed.
- Candidates should keep the printout of the confirmation page for record. Candidates are also advised to note down the application form number for any future reference
- Rank Letter of Entrance Exam (UPSEE )
- 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificates
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate from last attended institute
- Migration Certificate from Last attended institute
- Character Certificate from last attended institute
- Category Certificate (SC/ST/OBC only)
- Sub Category Certificate (Physically Handicapped/Armed Forces/Freedom Fighters Only)
- Domicile Certificate (If Applicable)
- Aadhar Card (If Applicable)
- Affidavit for Gap year (If Applicable)
- Anti-ragging Affidavits (Students & Parents)
- Passport-size photo
In the case of M.Sc and M.Philadmissions, candidates can apply online through the institute website. Application forms for M.Sc. and M.Phil. programs can also be collected from the institute’s admission cell. Fee payment for these courses can be made only via DD or cash deposit.
UIET Kanpur Application Reservation 2022
The following reservations are provided as per norms set by the Government of India:
|Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Caste of UP||21%|
|Scheduled Tribe of UP||02%|
|Other Backward Castes of UP||27%|
|Sub-Category||Percentage of Reservation|
|Dependents of Freedom Fighters from U.P.||02%|
|Sons / Daughters of defense personnel of U.P. either retired (superannuated) or killed/disabled in action or defense personnel posted in U.P./defense personnel domicile of U.P. & posted outside U.P.||05%|
|Handicapped / Disabled of U.P.||03%|
|Girls of U.P.||20%|
Note: A weightage of 3% of the total marks obtained at UPSEE is given to General (Open category) candidates for B. Tech courses, who have passed the qualifying examination from an institution situated in a rural area of Uttar Pradesh.
UIET, Kanpur Fees & Eligibility
|B.Tech||₹83,643 (1st Year Fees)||10+2 with 45% + UPSEE|
|BCA||₹40,000 (1st Year Fees)||10+2|
|M.C.A||₹53,643 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|M.Sc||₹28,643 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation|
|Diploma||₹28,643 (Total Fees)||Graduation|