University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET) was founded in 1996 as one of the renowned engineering institutes in Uttar Pradesh. It is located in Kanpur and is affiliated with Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur. UIET has an intake of over 1500 students on roll with over six specializations in Engineering (Chemical, Computer Science and Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics & Communication, and Material Science & Engineering). It also offers other career-oriented programs like MCA, M.Sc., and M.Phil.
UIET Kanpur Highlights
|Established & Institute Type||1996 & Self Financed|
|Affiliated to||Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj University, Kanpur|
|Courses Offered||Undergraduate and Postgraduate|
|Name of Entrance Exam||UPSEE|
|Campus Size||254 acres|
UIET Kanpur Courses
University Institute of Engineering & Technology offers AICTE-approved B. Tech programs in up to 6 disciplines. It also offers three-year undergraduate and two-year postgraduate courses to students seeking interest in Engineering, Science, and Computer Applications. Below are listed some of the courses offered:
|B.Tech||Computer Science and Engineering||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with PCM and AKTU entrance exam merit rank
Duration: 4 years
|Electronics and Communication Engineering|
|Material Science and Metallurgical Engineering|
|BCA||Computer Applications||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with PCM and university entrance exam merit rank
Duration: 3 years
|MCA||Computer Applications||Eligibility: Graduate with a minimum of 50% marks with relevant subject and university entrance exam merit rank
Duration: 2 years
UIET Kanpur Admission
Admission at the Institute of Engineering and Technology is based on AKTU Entrance Examination & Counselling for Undergraduate courses and for admission in postgraduate courses candidates must have passed graduation with over 50% marks graduation.
How to Apply?
- Admission to BTech programs is through the AKTU Entrance exam process while BCA and other postgraduate programs are through University Entrance Examination.
- Applicants are required to fill out the application form online through the official website and pay the application fee online via credit/ debit card or net banking and no other mode of payment is allowed.
- Provide all the necessary details like academic details, personal details, and previous qualifications. Keep the printout of the confirmation page for record and are also advised to note down the application form number for any future reference.
UIET Kanpur Placement
The placement cell at UIET Kanpur has been very decent as per previous records. Students got a placement through campus interviews at the college. Students who passed out from this college are working at highly reputed and well-renowned MNCs. The placement cell at this college trains students by organizing mock aptitude tests, and group discussions, and preparing them for technical and HR interviews. It also organizes guidance lectures by senior corporate personnel and immediately placed students. Some of the major recruiters in the past few years have been Wipro, HCL, Mind zone, Reliance Power, Infosys, Mahindra, IBM, and many others.
UIET Kanpur Scholarship
Students avail of scholarships at the beginning of the session by contacting the college office. The scholarship is provided by the Uttar Pradesh Government and the students have to apply for it online and then contact the college office for further processing. Students get their fees reimbursed by this scholarship in their bank account by the next session.
Uiet Kanpur Facilities
Various facilities are provided by UIET to its students for the overall development of the students. Below given are the few facilities provided by the college. It has and user-friendly infrastructure which fulfills the needs of students and difficulties. Following are the details of some of the facilities provided by the UIET Kanpur:
- Central Library: It is well equipped with computing resources and caters to the academic needs of the university. The students and the faculty have free access to computers and internet facilities.
- Auditorium: It is fully centrally air-conditioned with a seating capacity of 1500 audiences. It has a wall to wall carpeting and world-class furniture. It is one of the best auditoriums of its kind in Kanpur.
- Hostel: The university provides hostel facilities for both boys and girls. There are two campus boys hostels with a capacity of 400 & 200 respectively. There are four campus girls’ hostels with a capacity of 72, 108, 218, and 116 respectively. They provide a homely atmosphere with hygienic conditions and proper kitchen and mess along with other facilities such as sports, wifi, RO drinking water, etc.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria has a lot of goodies to offer at affordable prices. It has played host to a large number of students who went on to occupy prestigious positions in renowned MNCs.
- Stadium: It has been constructed on the University campus for sports activities like 400-meter races, long jump, high jump, cricket tournaments, football matches, and many other outdoor sports. It is the venue for the annual inter College athletics championship.
- Bank: The campus has two computerized branches of Nationalized banks: Union Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to cater to the banking needs of students. It is fully equipped with an ATM and Core Banking facility.
UIET Kanpur Faculty
UIET has an esteemed faculty of professional teachers, professors, and academic staff. All the teachers are very supportive of the student. It has over 103 experienced teaching staff.
- Professor: 21
- Associate Professor: 2
- Assistant Professor: 18
- Lecturer: 62
UIET Kanpur FAQs…
Que. What is the university’s take on ragging?
Ans. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. If anyone is found guilty of ragging in any form will be punished appropriately. The university has an anti-ragging cell and any student suffering can contact the faculty of UIET Kanpur.
Que. What is the placement structure of the university?
Ans. The college has a placement cell that organizes placements and summer training for its students. Their students get placed in both the public and private sectors. It provides career counseling, prepares its students to face interviews, and organizes campus interviews.
Que. What are the admission criteria?
Ans. The student must be at least passed with 45% in 12th from a recognized board in physics, chemistry, and mathematics and he/she should clear the entrance exam.
Que. Does the university organize any events?
Ans. Yes, the university organizes events throughout the session like Fresher’s welcome, Spandan, Techmart, Sportiva, science quiz, and Farewell Function. The student activities of the Institute begin with the Fresher’s welcome at the beginning of every session for the newly enrolled students. This event normally takes place in the 1st week of September.
Que. Is there any entrance exam for B.Voc in Fashion Technology and Interior Design?
Ans. Yes, there’s an entrance exam for B.Voc in fashion technology and interior design. You can register for it at the official site of the University of Kanpur.
Que. Is attendance compulsory?
Ans. A student is required to have a minimum of 75% attendance for each course in every semester. 15% relaxation is given on the basis of medical grounds or any other unavoidable/genuine reason.